At Good Shepherd we are very proud of the academic achievements of our students.
Over the years, we have achieved excellent outcomes in standardised testing such as NAPLAN, University of New South Wales testing, as well as outstanding Year 12 ATAR results. Our students have also had great success in academic based competitions such as Tournament of Minds, robotics and debating. While we recognise that not all achievements can be measured through testing and competitions, we are keen to encourage those students who are interested in pursuing these opportunities.
Congratulations Year 12 2021!
Year 12 subject based results have been released, the second cohort under the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) where external assessment contributes 25% up to 50% of the final result. Eligible Year 12s are awarded an ATAR calculated by the Queensland Tertiary Admission Centre (QTAC) using these subject results.
What is an ATAR?
The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) is the primary mechanism used nationally for tertiary admissions. It is a number between 0.00 and 99.95 that indicates a student's position relative to all the students in their age group. ATAR is a percentile rank, not a mark. Eg. An ATAR of 90.00 is higher than 90% of the group or in the top 10%.
We are excited to share the following:
- 28 students (40%) received an ATAR of 90+ with 4 students obtaining a 98+ ATAR
- 45 students (64%) received an ATAR of 80+
- ATAR stats are based on ATAR eligible students who have consented to share this information with their school.
- 81% GSLC Year 12s were eligible for an ATAR. (State average 53% eligible)
- 4 students achieved an A in all six subjects studied.
- An additional 11 students achieved an A in all five subjects studied.
- There were 159 individual A results in General subjects, and 21 additional A results in Applied subjects
These ATAR and subject results continue our history of graduating Yr12s achieving excellent results. Along with students who are progressing into non-tertiary pathways based on qualifications commenced or completed in their senior years, these results are recognition of the ability and commitment of our graduating class, supported by college and family.
We look forward to hearing of the next steps of the Class of 2021!
"QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre) has made its major rounds of offers for tertiary courses."